Sunday, November 3, 2013

What's Your Motivation?

Starring in the mirror at a half done twist out, again. By the time I section my hair into manageable parts, way after the wash part, I'm ready to give up. Its not the manageability, its my willpower. Now, I did make a choice to become natural however I struggle with consistency. Goofy, time consuming minutes/hours about doing a specific style and then to not complete it...ugh.
For as far as I could remember I have never been good at doing my own hair so Im aware that its a learning process but sometimes I feel so random in my hair routine I wonder if I'm doing anything right. Thumbing thru old relaxed pics, I feel nostalgic from familiarity. I knew when I needed a dc, relaxer or trim when I was relaxed. As a new natural (9mos) I did two years of research and pretty much got the gist of things and still feel lost on wash day.

With all that being said, how do you guys stay consistent? Outside of making it routine, cause I've screwed that up also. How do you not give up when ur arms ache or its not looking how you visioned? Any hang ups you may have with going natural?
2010 max length/full health/relaxed

10/2013 4c


1 comment:

  1. Your hair looks good! The thing that helps me stay consistent is my blog. I write down the things that work and don't work. My hair care regimen is developed using it. I try not to do my hair when I'm really tired. The keyword is "try", lol. This way I know I will have enough energy to continue styling. My current hang up is protein overload, but I am working through it. Thank God for that!

    ReplyDelete