Tuesday, December 10, 2013

PRODUCT REVIEW! Blue Magic Argan Oil Herbal Complex Leave In Conditioner

Approaching my 10th month natural and I finally feel like I'm doing something right. I haven't written much cause I've had a sew in and was supposed to be on a castor oil challenge...but I slacked off (inconsistency) as expected.
Well, the dry winter air has officially kicked off on the east coast. Therefore, i decided to try a new product to moisturize my weaved hair cause oils are good but don't add moisture and in Jersey I need all the help I can get. Now I know that I should not be purchasing anymore products for my arsenal but for under four bucks who can resist?
My hair type is about 4c so honestly Im still trying to learn it. Sometimes its just way too much to tackle and it just eats product, leaving me coarse & dry if I decide to wear it out. I will not wear it out in winter cause the air is too harsh but I still have to moisture it in my sew-ins. What I've noticed that works for me pretty well is whipped shea butter (my own mixture) and Blue Magic Herbal Complex Leave in Conditioner.
After a prepoo with my Cholesterol Tea Tree Oil formula I detangle and wash in my twists. Afterwards I do my L.C.O method. Using the residual water in my hair for liquid, whipped shea butter for moisture and essential oils and next I seal with castor & jojoba. This combination is great but doesn't make my hair soft or feel moisturized. It feels well greased and detangled but I needed more.
Debated the Blue Magic Line because as a child it seemed to cause breakage with my relaxers and later I learned that grease wasn't for my hair. I didn't have any other options and I had spent four bucks so the day after my wash I tried the B.M Herbal Complex leave in and it worked!!! Served my tresses with incredible moisture and great smell. It absolutely delivers hydration and not too much that its wet. I had fears it would be heavy or greasy or just a waste of money but I was wrong.
After a month of oiling & greasing with my castor & jojoba and B.M in between my tracks I've noticed crazy growth. Less tangles and shedding and overall happy hair.
With about seven other leave in conditioner types, Blue Magic has definitely regained a former customer. I highly reccommend it for naturals interested in a 'basic' regimen. This stuff plus regular washes, trims & tlc is gonna have me lookin like an African American Princess!!
Still feelin how i felt before with natural hair, the simplest regimen seems to have the best results and old school products still under my sink from the 90's are my best bet.

Has anyone else had outstanding results with a revamp of an old school brand?

No comments:

Post a Comment